Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oh My Goodness

I just had a harrowing experience

when I had Pixie at the Vet 2 weeks ago
they gave me follow up meds
to give her today

little we syringe with about 1/4 cc of goop in it

so I get the girl
settle in on the couch
and try to hold her head to put the syringe in her mouth

she went stark raving mad

she screamed
she bit me
she clawed at me
I thought her little heart was gonna explode
and I never have heard
screaming like that in my life
like a baby only really really high pitched
ear piercing...

I let go of her head
and she was stopped screaming
but spent a great deal of time
trying to escape from me
the term greased piglet
doesn't quite cut it...

I tried again
about 20 min later
exact same thing
precisely the same response
even more frenzied if possible...

so I cuddled her for about half an hour
and then got the little syringe
and began to play with her with the syringe
and finally she put the tip in her mouth to chew it
(she is teething after all)
and I hit the hammer and she swallowed

she stopped dead
and glared at me
and then climbed under the comforter on the couch
and ignored me for about an half hour

I am apparently forgiven now

I hope this little dog never gets sick
I'd be fucked.

1 comment:

Arlenes Assinine Ravings said...

the secret to giving dogs medicine is to be very very sneaky about it lol as you are learning