Thursday, March 24, 2005

Introspection

I've been feeling rather introspective

been doing a lot of thinking lately about "finding one's bliss"


it puzzles me that so many people are just plodding along putting in time...9 to 5, Monday to Friday, mow the lawn, do the laundry, 9 to 5, Monday to Friday, mow the lawn, do the laundry,9 to 5, Monday to Friday, mow the lawn do the laundry...and for real excitement...how bout a little bbq?


no joi de vive there...


ask them..."what is your bliss?"

get that dumbfounded glazed over "doh" expression...before they shake their heads and return to 9 to 5, Monday to Friday, mow the lawn do the laundry....

for me it's all about putting in time so I can ride...riding is as close to bliss as I can get...


being able to afford to ride and travel all over...now that'd be bliss...but for now...riding is my bliss and has been since I was about 13 yrs old

so I say....
if I'm a good girl now
I will be well enough to ride by Sunday (for my club ride)
if I'm a good girl now
I'll have enough money for some extra's for the Pickle in the spring
if I'm a good girl now...


*jeezuz I think I hear my mother's voice*

I just don't seem to get how people can spend their whole lives not knowing what makes them happy?

for instance...*pregnant pause*


do you think someone as rich and driven as Bill Gates is happy? do ya think being a multi mucho gazillionaire makes a person happy?

or are you obsurdly happy with just being you? when you hear the adage..."walk a mile in my moccasin's" does it remind you of how bad your life is or how good?

I mean the kind of happy that you get when yer flyin down the road with the wind in yer hair (if I had any) and the sun on your face?

I mean the kind of happy you get when old and new friends give ya a hug?
I mean the kind of happy you get with a big old, throw yer head back belly laugh?

just wondering is all?

No comments: