Saturday, March 26, 2005

More on Easter Weekend

ok
so my bro's here...for the weekend with his kids


and he's about to go thru a nasty divorce
already he and his wife are one up'in themselves with the kids
he buys em iPods
she buys em V220 phones with camera's in em
he's been canceling her credit cards
she's been maxing things out
it's gonna get messy
I can just see it

I don't know if I'm up for this....

all they are doing is givin the kids a more unrealistic view of money
the bro says that it's cos he doesn't want his kids to go thru what we did when mom and dad split

but really
is it wise to try to buy them off?
will it make the destruction of their family easier for them?


not freakin likely....I somehow don't think so

my sister still says, some 25 years later that the year our parents split was the worst year of her life
I say...I may not have shown it but it wasn't soo freakin pleasant in my head either ..and there are days when it still isn't

we are the sum total of all we have done, of all we have experienced
this is just the beginning for those kids
and my heart bleeds for them once again

No comments: