Wednesday, August 09, 2006

WoW

Whine of the Week

I have several friends that now blog
my whine relates to their blogs

it has nothing to do with content
it's all about set up and control

each blog is held by a different company
all are likely free as well
however
in order to leave a comment
ya have to be a member of their "site"

so to post a comment on an MSNspaces blog
ya have to have an account and be signed in
so to post a comment on a WeblogUS blog
you have to have an accoun tand be signed in
so to post a comment on a Xangablog
you have to have an account and be signed in

to post a comment
they require you have a freakin account and be signed in

why would I want an account just to post a comment?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
got cheese?

2 comments:

Cinderella said...

actually...

on weblogs.us I have full control. I have it set so you have to log in because it helps prevent spam.

I have had it free for all, but to many (WAY to many) took atvantage of that - even with all my wordpress spam filters.

Does it really bother you that much?

Cause I can remove it?

Anonymous said...

Likewise, that was my reasoning. But I've removed it to give it a test run again. If I get more comment spam, I may have to set it back to login only. I hope not, though, because I shouldn't have to