Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

ok
I'm bracing myself
I leave this morning to drive up to my brother's house
he (aka "the golden boy") has to work boxing day
so that means that the VOD needs to be there
cos ever the martyr
she will need to be there
"just in case he needs something"


he's affected
he calls his kids "the children"
and while he has a good heart
he's like the rest of the family
suffering from the "road to hell is paved with good intentions"

the VOD is also in a flap
cos the blister (my virtually non-existant sister)
is alone this season
but she's alone cos she wants to be
after all - there's almost 100 members of our family
in that city she lives it
altho there is every possiblity that they've quit inviting her
cos she's following in her mother's footsteps
ever the martyr

and I will be
reading library books
and playing monopoly with the kids (16 & 14)
and hoping that I don't have to spend too much time
with the drunks
er
I mean family

jaded?
who me?

still
beyond all that

I pray for Peace
and Health
and Comfort and Joy
in the lives of my loved ones

May this season bring you everything you want
Bright Blessings all!

No comments: