Saturday, October 13, 2007

again with the perspective....

earlier today I sent the following email to a friend

"I'm sore again this weekend
apparently whatever it is that I've got
is some sort of muthafuckin weekend virus
ugh!

sometimes I just get so tired of hurting
or being sick
and I worry and I stew about it
till I make myself feel worse

but eventually
I got to sleep
and wake up
thinking...that it could be worse
I could not wake up

but wouldn't it be wonderful
to wake up one morning
without pain?

*sigh*"


I was wallowing in self pitty
my muscles ache as do my joints....
I just feel awful - but it doesn't seem to bother me
on weekdays...

weird eh?

(so here's were we get to the part about the persepective...)
about an hour ago I was coming out of my bedroom
and as I hurried around the corner to my living room
I caught my baby toe on my left foot
on the corner of the wall
and tore the whole toenail off

suddenly
the rest of me don't hurt so much

gak!

2 comments:

That Girl Tam said...

FUCK!! That sounds like it hurts like hell...I had a bike fall on my hand and rip the nail from my index finger about 2 years ago. The pain was so bad that I wanted someone to just chop off my whole damn hand. I feel for you...

Gotta love Merc in Retro, huh?

Bee Wise said...

Hey gal - how much would mold affect you do you think? You have had how many floods in that place and never a change of carpet or drainage and what might be under that flooring? I would pull up a corner and take a look if I were you! Seems interesting how much worse you are at home than at work!

and Yikes that toe must hurt so much - I feel for you my freind - had a nail rip off once years ago - EEEEEWWWWWOOOOUUUCCHHH!