Friday, October 05, 2007

People get my goat

ok
so I'm not feeling exactly wonderful this morning

but I come into work anyway
thinking that I'll just sit
in my corner
be quiet
and people will leave me alone....

start out with going into the cafeteria
lookin for java

I spot a woman
of my age....dressed like she thinks she's 16
acting like an expectant
4 yr old
cos our cafeteria doesn't carry
her exact brand
of sugary tooty fruity cereal

I mean
this woman is stomping her feet
and causing a scene

so I get my coffee and head to my office
"keep yer mouth shut"
I says to me self....

due to the fact that I'm an early bird
I am one of the few offices with lights on
this early in the morning

low and behold the same woman comes to my door
to demand that we open up the reception counter
so she can "purchase some photocopying"

I explain that that department
is at the other end of the hallway
and opens at 8:30

to which she starts stamping her feet
and acting like a 4 year old again

I am hard pressed to keep from getting up
and closing the office door in her face

"keep yer mouth shut"
I says to me self....


I notice that the "message light" is on
on my phone
so I check for voicemail

and I am bombarded
by this scathing reproach
from a woman
who purchased a course from us
that is to take place tomorrow

the course title includes the word "walk"
done so to allow people
who may not be able to do so
to understand that the course
does entail physical activity...

she's all pissed off cos she can't walk
like that's my fault
and I should have told her it entailed walking
although the course description
both in our book and on line
use the word walk extensively

so now she and her husband
want their money back

I'm like "yah.......NO"
and then....
"keep yer mouth shut"
I says to me self....


I then head to my forums
to read the latest happenings
of my friends far and wide

to find that things are changing
and taking the party line
I'm not in the least bit surprised
I've watched the back stabbing and mud slingin
up close and personal for a while
I am however surprised at the stated allusions
that we didn't do our job properly
and now it will get done right....
the inference being
that the right person is now in charge
uhhhmmm..."fuck that" I think....

"keep yer mouth shut"
I says to me self....


but still.....I'm sad for the people left behind
that it should come to this....

"keep yer mouth shut"
I says to me self....


so....
I think I may go home sick
and spend the day
laying on the couch
reading some fantasy novel
and paying no attention at all
to the people
that get my goat
in the fervent hopes
that the day will come
when they and their opinions
no longer matter.

1 comment:

That Girl Tam said...

Maybe THAT'S my problem...I don't have enough self control to keep my mouth shut!