Sunday, October 07, 2007

Dreamin.....

I spent some time talking to a friend via email today
we were talking about fulfilling our dreams

and it made me remember what my dream was
when I moved out here (arrived April 6 1998)

I had this fantasy about having a house
on property in the forest
with lots of cedar trees….

(they only come as hedges where I’m from)

the house would be an older character house
with lots of crown molding
and it would have a wood burning fireplace
there would be a large veranda
for the wooden rocking chairs
and maybe even an oak tree

floors that creak
and the 2nd floor would be a loft style
master bedroom...

there would be plenty of windows
to display the blue glass I own
and I could take up collecting
cookie tins for all the baking I’d get back to doing

there’d be reading by the fire
and the sound of rain on the red tin roof

it'd be at the end of a road
with no traffic
few neighbours

peace

and while I’m on the subject of this
fantasy life I’m dreamin about
I’d also have an income that would allow
me to pull up stakes and travel once in a while….
all I’m really looking for is once er twice a year….

then reality steps in
and you realize that you must make a living
and what I do involves working in a metropolitan area
(I mean…how can one manage an office from home?)
not to mention the whole VOD thing
it’s not like I can just up and leave
and it’s not like I’m ever gonna get outta here
as long as I am paying the lion’s share of her rent

But it don’t hurt to continue to dream…..

No comments: