Friday, December 28, 2007

the saving grace

for me this holiday season
(surprisingly enough)
has been the fadder
(bad breath and all)

he's truly listened to my thoughts
and fears
for the VOD
and agrees as a result of what he' seen
over the last week

that in itself is affirming for me
it's not just that the VOD and I are too close
and I'm being judgemental...

it's that she is changing
she is getting "mean"
and she is drinking way way too much

the other night at my cuz's house
she fell flat on her arse
so maybe I can at least convince her that
a cane wouldn't be remiss

Christmas was kinda a let down
the Christmas eve family gathering
was not attending by the VOD
she said she was "too tired"
but mostly she was too hung
I know...cos all the "cure" beer
is gone from my fridge
(amazing what?)

and it's hard when you are with a family
that makes a great living
and they are as kind and as generous
as my cuz'z are....
I feel like the poor relation
(likely cos I am...but that's another story)

so for Christmas....
I got a new TV...
well new to me anyway
it's huge....
well huge for my little apartment anyway
it's a good 10 inches larger than the one I've been using
my cuz got it from her aunt
and they upgraded to flat's this year
so I got this behemoth
that just seems to be "taking over"
my living room

the other thing is that it's sitting on top
of the old one for now
because I don't have a table or shelf for it
so the fadder gave me some money
to get myself something to put it on
but going from a floor model to something
that large and that high
is making my living room look slightly off center...
not bad
just odd
if ya know what I mean

could be worse...
I could be living with someone with one o them
"big screens" that all my friends have
them things are just silly
and I'm not used to watching tv
where people's heads are larger than mine!

the only thing that was truly in abundance this year
was the food
culminating in a metric ton of honey garlic spare ribs
last night
I'm so full from 4 days of eating like this
that I may explode!

and I feel like I've been "on the go for months"
what happened to all the movies I was to see
over this holiday?

my horoscope for today says:
You may not want to wander very far from your bedroom today, and that is fine, dear Leo. Take this opportunity to stick close to home and get things done around the house that make you feel like your energy is an important part of the atmosphere. Hang new pictures, read inspiring articles, and laugh at magazine cartoons out that inspire your creative nature and humorous side. Be soft and gentle with your words and actions. Just take it easy!

so guess what I'm up to?
you guessed it....day of position on the couch!
maybe I'll even write a chapter or two?

I'm really looking forward to Sunday and Monday
New Years.....
I'm going up the island to visit with my friends
the people that keep me sane
and that' a good thing!

No comments: