Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Bone of Contention

I apparently was born without
a practical joke gene

I've said it before
and I'll say it again

any joke that provides humor
at the expense of some one's feelings
physical or psychological
just ain't funny in my books
long term ramifications
come as a result of
not considering the receiver's feelings

my family and I had a huge discussion
on this subject the other day
and I said
I don't find AFV funny either

any time you have to get your jollies
from watching someone fall offa something
and get hurt
or take a baseball bat or golf ball
to the 'nads
does not make comedy
it's sad

so you'll get it when I say
I don't understand the kind of video
that starts out with a lovely baby
or a peaceful glade
or a big wave
and takes you for 10 or 15 seconds of calm music
and then becomes the horror show
screaming
horrific pictures
are not a fucking joke

over the past week or two
(seems the closer we get to Halloween)
there has been a rash of people that have posted
those types of video's on their FB pages

so much so
that I will no longer be watching videos sent to me on FB

I repeat
they are not a fuckin joke
someday
you'll cause someone with a weakened heart
to innocently click on your video
and they'll die

and you will be to blame
and you likely won't even care.

No comments: