Saturday, October 24, 2009

I wake

and look over at the clock
7:00
is it AM or PM?

it's dark
has been for 2 days

it's dark when I go to sleep
it's dark when I wake up
it's dark when my eyes are closed
and it's dark when I open them

it's warm
and comfy
cocooned
nested

there's something oddly
womb like about spending
a couple of days in bed
when my eyes go south

the very fact that I can think this
makes me understand
that I must be on the
uphill climb to
normalcy again
or whatever it is that I call normal
health wise

2 days of feeling like I have glass in my eye
compounded by the running of the nose
my conviction that this fluid coming from my eyes
must be blood
the sinuses impacting
and the resultant headache

no light
no tv
no book
no computer
I can't bear the light
for more than seconds at a time
so it's dark

2 days feels like forever
and eventually starts to feel
like
always

they must be getting better
cos I'm not mad at them anymore
and I'm awake

No comments: