Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I've always had

I've always had a rather extensive
sense of community
a big picture
sense of community

so it came as no surprise to me
that I have been the kind of person
to strike up lasting friendships
via the internet

and that's why
it came as no surprise to me
that I have been able
to build relationships
with people up and down this Island

I have been able to make
what I believe to be
real friendships here...

I've also been the kind of person
that gives a lot
so much so
that it made me physically ill on occasion

and so much so that I probably
didn't learn how to accept it well
when people do for me

which is why it comes as a surprise to me
when I get tarred and feathered
by association


maybe I need to be more obsequious
more flattering
more verbal with my thanks...

maybe I need to find a way to grovel

then again
maybe not

No comments: