Thursday, October 30, 2008

got a spoon?














I think if I could just

scoop out my right eye
this migraine would go away

for 3 days I'm been smelling
beets boiling
it never occurred to me
that it'd be my head again

it's fall
I thought someone
was pickling


the problem for me
with a migraine

is that there truly is
no place quiet here

there is however true dark
cos I have black out material
on my windows


I've tried earplugs
but I get so's
the sound of my own

blood pressure hurts
me

hours and hours
of laying
in bed
simply makes
all of my body ache
in individual spots
like each and every part
of my body
want's it's own recognition

the real kicker is that
migraine's make my eyes run
which causes my eyes to
try to shut all the time
and runny eyes
cause my sinuses

to become involved

so I stop breathing through my nose
and end up coughing
from a dry throat


ever coughed
or puked with a migraine?

I'd rather scoop out my eye
with a spoon

really.

4 comments:

Geni said...

Ow. I have not had a migraine in nearly a year, and I don't miss them. At all. I hope you get better SOON!

I'd send you hugs, but I don't want to make it hurt!

Anonymous said...

I have been very fortunate to only have one in my life and that was over 20+ years ago. Your visual on there was perfect.....I hope you found a cool dark room and it subsided.
Girl, you need something REALLY GOOD to come your way in the very near future, cuz you have been sorely tested otherwise up to now!

Anonymous said...

Shit you have my sympathy woman, hope you feel better soon.

Jane said...

That is it exactly! I suffer from migraines often. The bed ridden puking ones are exactly how you describe. They make me want to scoop my eye out!

I found you via Boobs Injuries and Dr Pepper. I enjoy your writing. very nice to meet you.