Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving....I think

so against my better judgement
I leave work
and pick up my mother...aka the VOD
and my nephew
and we drive in the little red ladybug
up to Courtenay
to spend Thanksgiving
with my bother
his new partner
and my neice

I'd rather lay on the couch

and fight the cold
I have been fighting
courtesy of the VOD
but I digress

so we get her
and the woman my bother
is now living with
is half lit
and shit wouldn't melt in her mouth
she does however take several shots
at the fadder
although
the fadder ain't here
to defend himself...

I figure that's odd
but I'll hold back judgement

we go to bed
and get up this morning
to a war zone

she's pissed at my bother
and slamming doors
washing floors
and shreiking

I says to my bother
on an aside
"this is the first time
I've been in your home
since she moved in
and frankly
I don't see much difference
between being here with her
and being here with your ex
either way
we are made to be
uncomfortable"

he says
"funny how that works"

I says..."there's an answer in there"

he says "ya me!"

I swear....
if my mother was awake
we'd be going back to Victoria
right now
cos he's gone to work for the day
and she's locked herself in her bedroom...

this ain't what I signed on for!

but again
it has me ask the question
what the fuck is it about people
that makes them so sure that they need
to be in a relationship?
what is so lacking in the bother's life
that he's got to move some shrew
into his house
just to not have to sleep alone?

I don't get it?
and I no longer think
that it's a problem in the way I think
I know it's not
cos I'm not living like this....

Happy Thanksgiving
I think.

3 comments:

Louie said...

Well we can see why the VOD wants to come back home. It can't be too pleasant there for her. Happy Turkey Day to you too.

Unknown said...

The patterns they do love to repeat themselves, don't they? Sorry your Thanksgiving weekend is getting mizzled by familial poor behaviour. We'll be sacrificing our Christmas this year to the pits of dysfunction... I will feel your pain! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm, so yer telling me that it's time to tell Ma that you're both heading back to Vic yes? Then you'd be more comfy, Ma'd be more comfy, and the ensuing battle betwixt yer Bro and his ummmmm whatever would likely solve the problem at hand yes? Sorry, just my evil scheming little twin chiming in ;0)

Hope you have the best ya can gurl - breeeeeeath :0)