Monday, October 20, 2008

some days

it just don't pay to get outta bed

Friday on my way home from work
I stopped at the Walk In Clinic
to get something for a urinary tract infection

not having had one in many years
I wasn't sure that's what it was
but I didn't want to take any chances

so...
I get an Rx
get it filled and head home
take my first pill that evening
and go to be
woke up early Sat morn with
what I thought was a migraine
spent almost all day in bed
got up long enough to bemoan
my thumping punkin
take my Rx and go back to bed
cos really?
who can spend a whole day
listening to the surround sound
and piss poor music taste
of the turd next door

Sunday I get up
headache has not abated
and the original problem hasn't either

go to meet some friends
leave and drive to same Walk in
spend 3 flaming hours
find out the headache is in fact
an sorta allergic reaction to the first Rx
get another Rx
come home
take said pills
and by morning I start to feel better

I decided to stay home one more day
just to make sure
and today I have spent the whole damn day
trying to read
or watch tv
over the noise next door

some days
it just don't pay to get outta bed...


(In my next life
if I have to live in an apartment
please let me be smart enough
to rent something
with cement walls!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow,how frustrating that must be. Especially when your not feeling well. I hope your feeling better soon. Love ya Sis! Judy