Wednesday, February 18, 2009

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

one of the medications
that I am currently on

causes violent muscle cramps
in places

that it is well documented
that I don't have
anything
that remotely resembles
a muscle


I get these cramps
in my shin

and my calf
at the same time

that are so bad

I can't do anything
but cry

I get them in my sides

and in my hands

and I get them in my back

under my shoulder blade


they are bad enough
that I can't walk them out

and I can't stand up

and the only thing

that sometimes relaxes them

or relieves them
is deep massage


have I mentioned

that I live alone?


so I bought me
one o them

heavy duty

deep
vibrating
massage
machines

that looks suspiciously
like
ET.







it's plugged into the wall socket
beside my bed

and
it works well
and it's loud


I often think

that the elderly woman

that lives
in the apartment
above me
must think I'm down here

going

WAAAAHHHOOOOO!

in the middle of the night


but I ain't
really?

does this face
look like it would
lie to you?

often this cramping
happens in the middle of the night

and as I'm also medicated

to sleep

the irony of
the whole process
of laying on the vibrating ET

on my bed
while it massages the cramp

out from under my shoulder blade

is not lost on me.


Last night I didn't have any cramps

but I did wake a couple of times

over the course of the night

thinking/dreaming
that there was a
woodpecker
in my bedroom


bzzzzzzzzz?

bzzzzzzzzz?

bzzzzzzzzz?

each time

I fuzzily
fell back
to sleep

wondering
if I was
dreaming
the sound


this morning

when the the alarm went off

I discovered
that what had happened

was that the switch
had been hit

to the "on" position

on good ole ET

as I climbed into bed

and there it lay

quietly vibrating away

on my bedroom floor
all night long...


the vibrations caused ET
to
ever so slowly
move across the bedroom floor

to rest against my bedside table

and the sound
of ET vibrating
against the bedside table

was the woodpecker

I kept hearing in my sleep


*sigh*
only in my bedroom

could something like this happen


I swear
.

No comments: