Friday, June 12, 2009

the exile

is over

I've had my say
for the most part
in venues I needed to

I don't know if anything
was accomplished
I somehow doubt

anything has really changed
except me

but I said much of what I needed to
whether or not anyone agreed
probably doesn't really matter anymore

there was a kind of heat surrounding
my need to address things
and it's gone now

it's been replaced
by a deep deep
sadness

a great feeling of loss
for what once was

for the first time in a
long long time
I don't have
a feeling of anticipation
about anything

I just feel
dreary
slightly ill
and
sad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very well put, at least we know who and where friends are. I think we come out stronger and closer in the long run. I think of you as family (sister). Love you lots!