Monday, June 29, 2009

I think

I'm just not meant to ride this year

so this evening
I finally
for the first time this season
thought I'd go out and fire up the Pickle
and see what I need to do

I mean
I'm feeling better
and I really should clean my house
cos it kinda looks like the crazy cat lady lives here
but without the cats

still...if I feel good enough to clean
I'd like to kick over the old Pickle

I go out to the yard
and peel the old trike cover off
it's seen better days
and I'll likely have to replace it soon

I dust off the seat
and scare off a couple of moths

she needs her pipes painted again
and the trim that tried to knock Georgie
offa his bike on the Kelowna connector
last summer
glued back on
and likely having both tail lights working
and a speedo wouldn't hurt...
but still

I climb on....

I plug in the key
depress the clutch
and turn

nothing

battery is dead
but it's a car battery
and I can boost it
cos I have cables
well...actually I have 2 sets of cables

off on a cable hunt I go
much fussing
and muttering ensues
and I come
to find out
that when the VOD gave the VODmobile
to the nefew

she gave him - not one
but 2 sets of cables.

*hand/forehead*
then
*head/handlebars*

I put the cover back on
and come back into the house.

if I still feel good after work tomorrow
I'll stop and pick up some cables
and see if I can boost it

who knows
I might get a ride around the parking lot
for Canada Day!

No comments: