Friday, June 22, 2007

again with the perspective

as I gear up for another riding season
I am thinking a lot
about the amount of people
that have passed through my life
as of late
of the brothers and sisters of the road
no longer with us.
does it seem to you
that the age of weddings is past us
and the age of funerals is upon us?
I'm sad....
I think of Lucky and Muttly my SCRC brothers
I think of Shanana - good fighter, great laughter
I think of Red Dog
I think of Shooter
Jake, Terry, Fred,
my buddy Billy
and the many many people
gone before them
and it reminds me
that no matter how crappy life seems
it's life
let us
live it to the fullest
cos it will end
sometime
someday
it will end....
let us light a candle for those gone on ahead
let us remember to be safe
let us remember to enjoy
and please let us all
remember to stop
and smell the roses!







1 comment:

Louie said...

My Mom used to tell me that no matter how hard we have it, there's always someone out there who's worse off.