Monday, June 25, 2007

It's 4 AM and I can't sleep

I'm stressed and overtired
and resenting people
that affect my life
from lofty heights

I have "control issues" apparently
and in spite of the medication
I can't sleep....here's the story....

I live in an apartment building
I've been here 8 years
they do little or no maintenance on the building
but it's cheap - about half the price of apartments now
so what you win in the apples you lose in the oranges
er...however that saying goes....

I have a car in the parking lot
and most times my trike
(but the trike is currently on vacation without me
that's a story for another day)

I go away for the weekend and I get home today - exhausted to some mail - apparently mailed on the 20th...from the arse picks that "manage" this building
it reads:

"Line Painting will be on site Wednesday, June 27 between the hours of 9AM and 4 PM to complete the painting of parking lines in the parking lot. All vehicles must be removed during the day - any vehicles not removed will be towed at the owner's expense. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your patience and co-operation."

about 3 weeks ago we got a message from them same boobs about removing vehicles that were not currently plated...so I called the building manager and discussed the fact that the $100.00 is off the road cos the VOD hasn't been driving and there was no sense paying insurance etc on a car that wouldn't be moving till after her surgery on the 20th....

at that time the building manager told me that it "was all good" cos they were just trying to get rid of the crap that people had stored in the parking lot (there's one guy that's got 6 beaters in the lot) So I didn't have to worry about my car not being mobile just yet.

The $100.00 car needs an alternator and a battery. I can't for the frickin life of me decide if I should scramble to try to get it fixed or simply haul all that crap into my apartment and stack it in the living room - cos there sure as hell ain't no other place for it....or get someone over to put an alternator into it and see if it will run???

is it better for me and my piss poor financial situation to attempt to repair the old car and keep it on the road for one more year...and...if I do - who's to say that the damn thing will run anyway? maybe it's just good money after bad?

Anyway....now I've got 2 days to find someone to fix it - or empty it out and have someone tow it to the scrapper....

in the meantime - I can't sleep cos I resent having some prick that can't change the washers in my kitchen sink taps properly lie to me about the car being ok - and forcing me into making a decision that I can't deal with just at this moment....

I don't know who's dumber - me for being stressed and unable to make a decision or the property manager for being an arse?

1 comment:

That Girl Tam said...

Put everything in perspective my dear...MERCURY IN RETRO is still at work...

No stress...have you been lighting your candles?? Do I need to light one FOR YOU?

I say it's good money after bad...if it's a hunk o'junk, scrap it. I once spent $1200 to get a car running good all to sell the mutha fucka for $800. It wasn't worth ANY of the headache...