Thursday, September 18, 2008

ok

I'm pissed

somebody smacked the ladybug

not a big smack

a little one
the kind that comes with
the banging of your car door
two of them actually


but it got me to thinkin

what the fuck is up with
ethics in general
when people won't
or don't
make it a policy
to apologize
and to offer to pay for the damages
when they caused
said damages?


what kinda society do we have
where people do something little like that
and make out like nothing happened
so they can get one over on you?

one might say that they likely do it
cos they can't afford to pay for the damages

Like I can?

so does it start with the proverbial
little white lie?
and snowball from there?
or is society in general
so bereft of ethics
that "ya take yer chances"
just by say...parking in a parking lot?

fuck
I'm pissed!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that things like this can make one cynical towards others - but there are good stories too.
A year or so ago, a young girl did same thing to my fairly new car...(it was only a year old). She left a note..and paid for the damages so it wouldn't affect her thru ickybicky.
It put my faith back into ppl with ethics.
Hopefully the someone who hit the ladybug....has a conscience that is really eating at them at the moment. Big time..ulcer wise...not being able to sleep type...:-)

WyzWmn© said...

your lips
to the goddess' ear my friend

Bear said...

Just the reason I will never own a "new" car. I agree I'd like to see the SOB fall on his/her face and crack a tooth .. you know just enough to cause horrible pain but not too much to disfigure.

Deep breaths and chocolate

Unknown said...

Oh jeez... I'm so bloody paranoid since getting the hhr... I park out in Lot ZZ just to minimize my chances of being near other cars... I feel your pain.

Unknown said...

I think it might be time to install an exo-skeleton on the Pickle!