Thursday, July 12, 2007

Culture Shock

I met a nice young woman today
via her blog

well actually I've been reading her for a while
and we've conversed lightly via email and comments
on her blog

today she reminded me
(quite by accident)
that the reason I read
other people's blog
is so that I can live my life
vicariously through them

and I suppose that's why you guys
read mine.....

but I digress....

in this particular woman's blog
I am constantly reminded
of the need for love and romance
in every human beings life
no matter how angry
or jaded we become...

I am reminded
and I am fascinated
by the differences
in our cultures

while I am strengthened by the
sameness
in them as well....

she and I are not of an age...
nor of a culture....

I am Irish Canadian
she is tri racial

I am a biker
she's a girlie girl

but there are some things
so much the same for us
that I am rewarded with
the understanding
that somehow
life will work itself out

because
somewhere...
somehow...
there is someone...
who understands....

What if Mia?
what if?

No comments: