Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Enthusiasm

I wish I could feel a little more enthusiastic
about life right now

but I'm burnt toast...

my boss
who ascribes to the "never do today
what you can possibly put off
for ever"
train of thought
finally had to get her hiney in gear
and get crackin
as a result
we are working 12 hour days
trying to get 3 months worth of planning
for next year
done by the time I leave on holidays
on the 2nd

I am truly burnt toast

the blister arrives on Sat
I still haven't mucked out the pig pen
the holidays start on the 2nd
and frankly
what I really rather do
is just sleep

that can't be bad....can it?

on a good note
the VOD got all growed up
as a result of a couple of sessions of holy holy
with myself
and the bother via phone
so she's fixed her pension issues
gone to the dentist
gone to the hairdresser
(to get a shorter version of Zippy the Clown, I assume)
and made an appointment with a dental surgeon
to take care of the rest of the mess

she's even going to go to the dental surgeon
while the blister is here.....

she says that she understands that
I get frustrated with her treating
the bother and the blister like
landed gentry when they arrive

and she says
she's going to start eating properly
and taking her medication

I can't see that happening while
the blister is here....but who knows?

in the mean time
I still wish I could drum up
a little enthusiasm
for my pending holidays....
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

Louie said...

First of all the VOD has lived how long? She gets it...really. Second of all if the blister doesn't like the state of your domicile...tough.....she can get a room. Thirdly (hehe) stoke yourself baby....Aug 2nd, holydaze start.

That Girl Tam said...

:) hehehe