Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The times they are a changing…

So the weekend rocked…for a brief understanding of the event you need to know that:
1. I was sick with bronchitis so I rode in the chase truck with my lovely Bee
2. It was cold and damp which made the bronchitis really bad while we were in Telegraph Cove but it stopped virtually on a dime once we made it back to civilization (if ya can call Campbell River civilized LoL)
3. We laughed our collective asses off and spent a lot of time talking about how this event was “just like the good old days” and wishing for days gone by….
4. My girl Louie sums up the weekend best
here

On Monday we returned to Nanaimo where I was to pick up my trike (that’d been up there for the week before due to a phenomenal storm that caused my eye infection a week ago)

there’s pix and I’ll get to them sometime….

So yesterday I was to take a leisurely ride home and relax before returning to work and around noon my friends decided to accompany me along the way….I was looking forward to it as I’d not been riding for a week and it seems that summer has finally arrived in the PNW…

We went across the highway from their home for lunch and then across the road from there to allow my buddy 3Wheel to gas up his trike.

I turned my trike off while we waited at the gas station and it wouldn’t start again. I tried to get a boost and no one had cables so 3 Wheel took his trike home and got the van to boost me. Bee and I waited for him in the 27C heat of the parking lot.

He returned and there was no way that old trike of mine was going to take a boost…we called BCAA (if ya ride an antique – ya gotta have a tow package) and waited in the heat for the flat deck…when it arrived I was towed to 3 Wheel’s new favourite garage.

The guys at the garage worked on the old girl “testing” for close to 2 hours to discover that the generator and regulator that were replaced last summer (less than 1500 kms ago) are pouched. Which makes me wonder about the 2 batteries that I’ve replaced so far this season…but I digress…?

So the garage can get the parts and the trike will be ready (after a lengthy discussion) for Friday afternoon.

Now what remains to be seen is my getting myself and my gear back to my home an hour and a half down the road. After yet more discussion it is decided that the loverly Bee will drive me home and one of them will come back and pick me up Friday afternoon to take me back up there to pick the old green girl up….

all I can think of is that the money I put away as a downpayment on a car is now earmarked for replacement of the replacement parts and what the hell did I do to deserve being "raped" by this big green machine again?

You’d think that would be the least of my problems eh?

Not quite….I really have to learn to stop saying out loud: “just what else could go wrong today?” cos I did….and about 10 minutes later I was unloading some of my gear into 3 Wheel’s garage when I walked straight into a shelf and cut the top of my big bald head! (gave myself a headache and a lovely goose egg to go with it!)

I took some Tylenol and jumped in the truck with Bee to come home, but not before we stopped to visit friends who’s conversation with her was less than pleasant for her…so she/I/we cried and talked all the way home….

I got home around 7 pm to the VOD suggesting we go out for dinner…all I wanted to do was shower and go to bed but the VOD had been stuck in the house all weekend and wanted out so I succumbed and took her to our local pub…we sat and had a cocktail and I told her the whole story of my weekend adventures…culminating in “just what else could go wrong today?”

At which point a very drunk man from a table across the isle got up and accosted my little VOD by trying to pour beer all over her and when I asked him to go away (I was tryin to be nice for the VOD’s sake – she was stressed enough) he called me a “big fat fucker” and informed me that he was gonna kill me!

I got up to *ahem* address the situation and the bartender put the drunk in a head lock and the end result was the bar staff having to call in the police….so I got home for good at 10

I wake up this morning to find that my very close friends feel hurt and stressed and betrayed enough over the changes to our riding club to have quit.

I won’t/can’t go into detail here…because I know that my blog is being monitored by the “fucktard police” but suffice it to say that I am ashamed of this club today…and my heart is breaking because I feel like my family is falling apart….good, bad, or indifferent…they are my friends and family and I love them all….

So…..the times, they are a changing…and I feel like this is the beginning of the end for us….

And that makes me sad.

1 comment:

That Girl Tam said...

WHEW! That was a lot...and here I was hoping that you would have a good weekend. Merc in retro my dear...til the 24th - did you forget? And please...for the love of Goddess, stop asking what else could go wrong!!

Dare I ask why the police are monitoring your blog??