Friday, January 25, 2008

the health skinny....

so here's the dirt...

it's not fibro...thank goodness...

the arm has healed enough that I should be able to ride when the Pickle is ready...

my lethargy and pain is as a result of elevated systemic infection levels (from the Crohn's) and really freakin high bloodsugar and bloodpressure...which is complicated by more lethargy right?

so he's raised my bloodpressure meds and I'm about to start eating my own body weight in odorless garlic....


the big problem is that the side effects of diabetes type 2 meds are all countra-indicitive with my current Crohn's meds (the one it took us 10 years to find and the only one to work in the 30 years since I got Crohns) and....just to put a little icing on the cake...all of the diabetes meds cause bowel issues...so...people with Crohn's are hooped....

my GP is gonna talk to my Internist to see if my body will handle some kind of diabetes meds...somehow...

my workplace is setting me up with a health advocate and occupational therapist to see if we can find someone somewhere that can help me find foods that I can eat that are better for me but won't trigger all out Crohn's attacks....who knows...I may end up on a liquid diet again (I spent the first year I was here with my intake all being liquid)

the systemic infection levels will reduce substantially if I can reduce my stress levels...HA! I said...HA!

and in amoungst all that they are gonna cut the hormones off that I've been on to level out my moods...

so...hang on to yer hats kiddies...
it's gonna be a bumpy ride...

1 comment:

Louie said...

I'm optimistic that between the 2 of them they can find a drug/s that are more beneficial than harmful. I'm glad you don't have Fibro, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.