Wednesday, January 16, 2008

there's been a pause

in our story...

and I know that I've been
valiantly battling between
my need to get it out
and my need to share

I may have even mentioned that
once er maybe even twice
in here....

*ahem*

so ya know how sometimes
ya bounce an idea around in yer punkin
till it's all bruised and mottled
and yer still are no closer to the answer
than ya were when ya started?

well yesterday I got an email from a friend

who's opinion I respect
and who is also
a reader....

it was titled "Oh BTW"
and it said:
"MHO is that maybe chapter 34 needs to be written
– and then printed
– and then put in a safe place.
The lead in doesn’t leave me thinking
that it’s gonna be a story
that needs/should be “shared”
unless it’s for your own personal therapy"

well then
having read this email
and
having sat back and reviewed
from a less "immersed"
standpoint
I think said writer is correct

so
Chapter 34 will undergo
a re-write
that will fit with the story
and allow me to move on

who knows
maybe there'll be
an addendum
some day

but for now
I'm done with being
stuck in the mire
that's known as my mind
and moving on!

No comments: