Friday, January 11, 2008

mp3 hell

ok

maybe I ain't a freakin genius after all

a week ago I posted that I was missing this software

so for a week I've been fighting for hours ever frickin day with this 30GB mp3 player and I was pretty much convinced that I should buy an ipod (this one is Creative and was a gift) cos what I had here was a 399.00 paper weight...the software that I'd installed a year ago had corrupted...

I've worked with their help desk...loaded patches, uploaded software on line, reloaded installed and unistalled till the freakin cows come home...and no such luck - tried over and over until the wee hours with no luck....

and work has become unbearable...I've actually had to listen to Hysteria's voice all week long....I'm like ready to slit my own throat!

tonight I found the software....tucked in a box in the closet (I was actually looking for my slippers...so who the hell knows how it got there) *sigh* prolly the good fairy...aka the VOD
I reloaded the software from the cd with no luck....tried to uninstall the corrupted software again and no luck...so I'm at the 6th day of "setup.exe is experiencing difficulties and will have to close now...sorry for the inconvenience"


"fuck off with the polite...and fix my damn software!"

then in a moment of abject "I don't shive a git anymore" I hit the sync button in windows media player without realizing that my paper weight was plugged in to the computer...

presto chango....it's starts syncing!

I'll be buggered!

keep yer fingers crossed kiddies

I really don't have money for a new mp3 player....

No comments: