Monday, November 27, 2006

It's official

ok
it's official
I'm old and fat and tired
I just went out and dug my car outta the snow
I am exhausted


I think I need a martini or 9!
The PNW does not know how to deal with snow!
the city of Victoria owns 6 dump trucks that they have fixed blades to the front of and are calling them "snowplows"
the schools and universities are all closed
the goverenment offices and banks are closed
the city transit has stopped
even the cops are staying home
there's no phone service on half the island
all the Southern Gulf Islands don't have power and much of the city of Victoria doesn't either
we didn't have TV cable or DSL till about half an hour ago

I keep hearing that tune by REM in my head "it's the end of the world as we know it!!"
it's a little snow people....these's people need to learn to relax

No comments: