Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Success in Hell

so....
here's the question of the day...

if yer successful in Hell
does that make you good or bad?

is that a "real" success?
or
are ya just lulling yourself
into
complacency?

ya'll know
that I work in a place that I have
referred to
as Hell
on more than one occasion

well right now...
I'm enjoying a success of sorts
a success in that
I'm heading up a couple of projects
and I'm being noticed by people
who think I "can go places"
in the organization...

does this make me successful?
or isn't that kinda like saying
I'm a good loser?
or good at being the best loser?

striving every day
to consciously aspire
to integrity
to honesty
to being a better person

is a tuff road to hoe
in this business
of back stabbing
and muck wracking
and generally getting ahead
by standing on the foreheads of others

it is specially
a tuff road to hoe
when the very person
that is supposed to be
coaching and assisting you
to aspire to be your best
is busy taking all the credit
for all your hard work.

sometimes
it makes a girl wonder
why she bothers
to get outta bed in the morning

so...again I ask...
if yer successful in Hell
does that make you good or bad?

No comments: