Sunday, November 26, 2006

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

so
here we are
in the PNW
up to our eyeballs in
white out conditions

people on this island
just don't know how to drive in this stuff
they just really freak out
what a hoot!

I went for coffee with my riding club this morning
the 20 min trip home took well over an hour
and people are just getting outta there cars
and leaving them in the middle of the road
and walking away

I swear I didn't get above 30 kms alla way home
in the "old lady mobile"

One thing about driving an old car
is that it's built like a tank
and heavy enough to not need sandbags
hehehehe

I'm comin up the highway on my way home
and there's a lady in a brand new Infinity
sitting broadside on the road
over both North bound lanes

the lady was standing beside the car weeping
cos she couldn't get it straightened out on the road
I put on my 4 ways and got out
told her to try straightening out her wheels
and turning slowly
she was having any of that and just
continued to wail like it was armagedon
so I turned it for her....
people like that give women drivers a bad name!

I get to the bottom of the hill for the turn off to my burb
and there's bumper to bumper cars on the highway
standing still
like parked

so I drove around the long way
thereby missing the big hill
but here I am on my way along the street I live on
and here comes a guy
walking his dog
in shorts
a tshirt
and flip flops

Gotta love them Canadians eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, I lived where it was white for 8 months of the year and I ain't riskin' my life going out in THIS...go figure too, can't get through to work 'cause apparently the lines are down. I declare it a "snow day" all the way around! Considering half the city is shut down right now, can't say it's a bad thing!